The Knoxville to Washington, D.C.
Week-long Celebration Extravaganza Experience
[ 7 days / 6 nights – August 17-23, 2021 ]
This is it! The final week of the Centennial Ride. Join the Centennial Ride excitement as the three cross-country routes converge in Knoxville, Tennessee, and ride with us all the way to the Grand Finale Celebration Extravaganza in Washington, D.C.
If you want some goosebumps, consider this: We had to change our dates mid-way through the planning because of some events outside of our control. Then we had to move Tennessee cities for other reasons. Imagine my surprise when the state of Tennessee called me to welcome us because we will be IN KNOXVILLE on the VERY DATE 100 YEARS AGO on which the 19th Amendment was signed. Oh and Knoxville has a lady Mayor. 🙂
Tennessee was the 36th state to ratify the 19th Amendment and was pivotal in the women’s suffrage movement. The state of Tennessee will be having a year-long centennial celebration of this event, and we’ll be in Knoxville the very day of the heart of the celebration. After the Tennessee Ratification, the 19th Amendment went on to Washington, D.C. where it was made part of the United States Constitution. Which is exactly how our event will flow. This registration is bookended and includes both the Knoxville, TN and the Washington, D.C. Experiences, plus the 500-mile ride in between with an overnight in Virginia. This registration is for the entire Grand Finale week of our event. If you’re not able to ride with us cross-country, this is THE week to join and still get the thrill of the grand finale.
- Knoxville, TN All-Routes-Converge Experience
- Meet and Greet with the Cross-Country Riders
- Special Celebration Downtown Knoxville
- Two Days on the road with the Cross-Country Riders making new friends
- Grand Finale Dinner
- The Washington, D.C. Three-Day Grand Finale Extravaganza
- (Watch this space as we’ll be adding even more events as we continue planning…)
|1||Monday, August 17, 2021||*****||Knoxville, TN||215|
|2||Tuesday, August 18, 2021||*****||Knoxville, TN||*****|
|3||Wednesday, August 19, 2021||Knoxville, TN||Roanoke, VA||288|
|4||Thursday, August 20, 2021||Roanoke, VA||DC||233|
|5||Friday, August 21, 2021||*****||DC||*****|
|6||Saturday, August 22, 2021||*****||DC||50|
|7||Sunday, August 23, 2021||RIDE HOME||*****||*****|
Fully-Guided Registration: Ride, Relax, Enjoy!
A ‘done for you’ touring/vacation experience with nothing to do but show up and ride! We’ve got all the logistics covered and will handle all the details and any travel hassles that come up.
- Event Fee
- Knoxville Start City Party
- Accommodations (All hotel rooms throughout the course of the event)
- All Breakfasts and Dinners
- Professional Ride Guides who lead you and smooth over any and all obstacles – many are MSF instructors
- Breakdown Assistance and Pickup
- Daily Route Briefing with Route Leaders
- Logistical Support
- Chase Vehicle Support (We carry your luggage so you only have to ride with layers, a camera, and a bottle of water!)
- Automatic Check-in at hotels (keys waiting for you)
- Free Parking
- Dinner with the main group of riders and the staff
- Free entry to all event activities
- Free Museum Entries
- Roommate matching service
- Centennial Ride Keepsake
- Special Surprises exclusively for Fully-Guided Riders
What’s NOT Included:
Gas, tips, tolls, incidentals at the hotels, alcoholic beverages, dinners on the rest days, and National Parks entry fees.